Local Group Meet-Ups
Groups for working or SAHM
- Hike It Baby– hiking with baby through school-aged children
- MOMS Club of Roanoke and Salem
- Side by Side Roanoke- a ministry of CMDA to wives of dentists’ and doctors’ wives
- Active Doctors’ Wives of Roanoke Facebook
- Grandin Village Bunco
Hobby Groups in Roanoke
- John Park @Hungryasianrke sends out an email with weekly meetups for foodies (mid 20s-40s)
- Downshift has Hand Crafted Bike and Brews
- Cardinal Bicycle Night Ride
- Brews and Views Wednesday Night E-Bike Rides
- Very active local Fleet Feet for Pub Run & Walks
- BLADE Gaming- BLADE offers a community-focused tabletop store for casual and competitive gaming such as Magic: the Gathering, Pokemon, and board games!
- WCW can personally connect you to several SAHDs whose wives are physicians or residents in Roanoke. Informally meet-ups.
For Parent and Guardians
Things to Do With Children and Teens
*Several preschools in the area offer PMO (Parents Morning Out) programs.*
- Kids Square (quarterly or yearly passes make it affordable and offer the flexibility of stopping in for an hour). Kids Square is located in Market Square in Downtown Roanoke. The public trolley runs from Crystal Spring neighborhood shopping village (free 2 hr parking) to downtown and has stops at the Market Square. Riding the trolley downtown offers the added fun of a trolley ride with a larger free parking limit. 1 hr parking can be found around the market square or hourly parking in the parking garage on Campbell next to the market square.
- Mommy Time is an indoor play structure located in Tanglewood Mall. At this time they do not have a monthly membership but do offer 1 hrs to all-day play admission. Mommy Time has toddler-level play areas as well as slides, a ball pit, and interactive floor video games.
- Starcade is an admission based unlimited arcade geared toward older children and is located in Market Square downtown
- Bounce Roanoke– indoor bounce houses
- Bricks 4 Kidz– lego fun!
- Western Virginia Museum of Science
- Virginia Museum of Transportation
- Nature Center at Mill Mountain (free)
- Mill Mountain Zoo
- Thunder Valley (go carts, putt-putt, and arcade)
- Pinball Museum
- Virginia Safari Park
- Natural Bridge Zoo– an elephant ride and feeding animals available
- SeaQuest in Lynchburg (about an hour’s drive)
- Parks and Rec of Roanoke City– summer camps and year-round activities
- Roanoke Outside offers classes and events
- Virginia Children’s Theatre and Mill Mountain Theatre Events